Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Striving for Unity

           I haven't written for a long while, but tonight I cannot sleep.  For the last 2 months EVERY time I WATCH or READ the News I CRY. I do my best to try NOT to watch or read the news at all.  It is all so very depressing!!!! Tonight, the straw that bent the camel's back was a video I came across while checking the weather. The title caught my attention, I have no idea why I watched it after already not liking the sounds of the headline. A man dressed as "Santa Claus" was arrested for criminal mischief for chalking the words "Hope" "Love" and "Peace" on the sidewalk. I understood he might have picked a better spot than the Capital Building, but considering all the wars going on in the world, it may very might have been the best place for it. Then I thought to myself, the best place for those words is EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD.  I can't help but write and share my thoughts on this.

          I BELIEVE that there is WAY TOO MUCH VIOLENCE in this world. I KNOW I will not always be able to shelter my children from all of it. I TEACH my children that VIOLENCE SHOULD NEVER BE A SOLUTION. I have LEARNED that we won't always be able to avoid it.  Violence is promoted by anger or fear.  As long as there is violence in this world, there will be anger and fear, and as long as anger and fear are in this world, there is violence.  People get angry for many different reasons in this world. People are afraid for many different reasons in this world. But here's the beautiful catch:
PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO BE ANGRY, AFRAID, OR VIOLENT!!!!!!!!
      There are only two things in life that a person HAS TO DO: 1) Live 2) Die.  EVERYTHING ELSE IS A CHOICE Different situations bring different choices, yes, but every person's choice in that situation determines the outcome. The choices one makes in the scenarios preceding said situation, brought that person to the situation. Bringing us to the next point. EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD AFFECTS EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD IN SOME MANNER, SHAPE OR FORM.  INCLUDING PEOPLE.  (I haven't read much on the "Six Degrees of Separation" but I am pretty sure that it fits in right here somewhere..)
 

           "God, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The Strength to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference." ~The Serenity Prayer.

        I CHOSE TO BELIEVE IN GOD. AND I CHOSE TO BELIEVE IN JESUS, I CHOSE TO BELIEVE THAT TO GET THROUGH THE TOUGHEST TIMES IN LIFE A PERSON SHOULD HAVE FAITH.  I KNOW THAT NOT EVERYONE WILL BELIEVE EXACTLY WHAT I BELIEVE. I CHOSE TO ACCEPT THAT I CHOSE ON MOST THINGS TO AGREE TO DISAGREE.  OTHERS. I ALMOST CERTAINLY WOULD CHOSE TO FIGHT FOR, AND I CHOSE TO PRAY THAT I WILL NEVER HAVE TO.  DO I HAVE A CERTAIN RELIGION? If I did need to label it, I guess I am Christian.  I WAS BAPTIZED IN A FREE WILL BAPTIST CHURCH. IN MY LIFE I HAVE ATTENDED MASS WITH ONE FAMILY MEMBER, WENT TO A PENTECOSTAL CHURCH WITH ANOTHER. I HAVE BEEN TO SERVICES ON NON-DENOMINATIONAL LEVELS. ALL OF THEM HAD A LABEL, AND I DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCES IN THE BELIEFS BETWEEN THE CHURCHES WAS, I KNEW EACH OF THE GROUPS OF PEOPLE HAD A DIFFERENT WAY OF DOING THINGS AND ALL OF THOSE CHURCHES MEANT ONE THING TO ME.  WHEN I ENTERED THE DOOR. I WAS GOING TO VISIT GOD.  SOME CHURCHES I FELT OUT OF PLACE. SOME CHURCHES WERE COMFORTABLE,  I CHOSE AFTER ALL OF THAT TO READ THE BIBLE AT HOME. AND WHILE I AM READING THE BIBLE, I AM ALSO LEARNING ABOUT THE RELIGIONS OF ALL OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS. SO THAT I MAY CONNECT WITH THEM. THE MESSAGE I NOTICE OVER AND OVER IS LOVE. HOPE, PEACE. FORGIVENESS, HAPPINESS, 
      I think I saw my point portrayed best by a picture I saw on Facebook.com. It was a picture with two men holding a cardboard sigh. It said, "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG" attached to one side of the sign, where one man stood smiling, was a smaller piece of cardboard that said "I am Muslim."  On the other side of the sign where the other man stood smiling, another small piece of cardboard read, "I am Israelite".  This picture brought a beautiful smile to my face.  THIS IS THE NEWS I LIKE TO SEE. This is the type of media that will quit making people afraid to be who they are, or believe what they believe.  This is the type of media that promotes LOVE FAITH HOPE.   
      I chose to vote last election.  I decided that I really did not like to vote, I registered to vote this year before the elections, and I chose to procrastinate and I didn't make it to the poll on time. At the same time I realized I was late, I also realized that I was voting to put my children's future in the choices of a COMPLETE STRANGER.  I didn't do my homework, Even if I had, how do I know what's real and what's not without making a CHOICE on what to BELIEVE. I BELIEVE THAT THE LEADERS OF OUR WORLD'S NATIONS SHOULD WORK TOGETHER WITH THE REST OF THE HUMANS IN THE WORLD TO PROMOTE UNITY. I BELIEVE THAT MEN SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FIGHT OVER MONEY, LAND, OR ANY OTHER MATERIALISTIC ITEM ON THIS EARTH. I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS MORE GOOD IN THIS WORLD THAN EVIL. (let me be specific on the world "Evil": pain, suffering, loss, hate, anger, violence). I DO KNOW THAT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE IN THIS WORLD WHO WANTS TO CHALLENGE AUTHORITY, THERE IS GOING TO BE SOMEONE WHO WANTS THE AUTHORITY TO TELL EVERYONE HOW TO LIVE, AND THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PEOPLE MAKING THE WRONG CHOICES. 
       Everyone finds out either by wisdom (learning from other's mistakes) or knowledge (learning from one's own mistakes) what is right or wrong.  You can choose to believe that they are giving you correct information, or you can choose to find out for yourself. Time will tell. If someone heeds extreme caution to me about a situation, I will choose how to act or react to every given situation like that.  Why is everyone so damn hellbent on proving they aren't wrong?  MISUNDERSTANDING BREEDS FEAR AND ANGER.  TALK TO ONE ANOTHER INSTEAD OF AT ONE ANOTHER. EVERYONE ONLY TRULY KNOWS WHAT THEY BELIEVE.  What we do know is this:
        LOVE STARTs WITH LOVING YOURSELF. To love yourself, a person must have confidence in their own beliefs, BE KIND TO OTHERS ALWAYS. Even if they disagree with you. Be as kind as you possibly can be.  HELP OTHERS DAILY.  IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO THIS FOLKS:

Treat everyone else how you like to be treated(not how you think you deserve to be treated or how you think they deserve to be treated, but how YOU LIKE TO BE TREATED!!!!) Because to me, it's a damn sad world when a santa can't even spread hope love and joy without someone being an asshole! 
 

LEARN all that you can.


LIVE for a greater tomorrow.

LAUGH with someone else daily,

LOVE wholeheartedly and ALWAYS

PS. I also do not believe I will go to Hell for saying "Asshole". I truly believe "Hate" is the bad word I will go to HELL for saying or feeling or projecting into this gorgeous beautiful place we live called EARTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment